Two  29%  [ 15 ]
One  37%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 51
 Post subject: Your oldest memory
Posted: Mar 22nd, '17, 16:41    

-Leo-

Hugs: 48110
Mood: Ta-ta!
What's your oldest memory? Can you remember how old you were?

(0) (0)

" Fantasy is what people want, but reality is what they need "

Post subject: Re: Your oldest memory
Posted: Mar 22nd, '17, 16:46    

Kitalpha Hart

Hugs: 8095
Mood: I'm poor (´Д` )
Playing with some brightly colored toy while in the stroller
No idea for age, other than one or two

(0) (0)
Imageurls broke Imagebig sadsImage

Posted: Mar 22nd, '17, 17:02    

-Leo-

Hugs: 48110
Mood: Ta-ta!
I actually have many odd flashbackish memories. Some strong enough to almost make me shake, because they're that intense and clear. Thankfully not all are like that. Meanwhile I hardly remember anything from my teenage years. It's so weird.

(0) (0)

" Fantasy is what people want, but reality is what they need "

Posted: Mar 22nd, '17, 18:34    

Moi

Hugs: 339576
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I remember being dressed as a crayon for Halloween when I was about two years old.
I was told people can't remember that young, and I just imagined I remembered it.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Mar 22nd, '17, 21:55    

Fire

Hugs: 99083
Mood: Radi radi! Happy Holi!
I have a strangely good memory of things in my early childhood, for someone who has such a poor memory of more recent events. :mcheh:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of my early memories is of my Nana Bo. I can hear her voice, her laugh. She was wearing a red and black checkered cap, and her eyes crinkled in the corners when she smiled just like dads so, just like mine do. She died of cancer when I was 1.
Another occurred in my old house. I was in my crib, and had just woken up from a nap. The sun was shinning warm and bright through the window. My parents had come in to get me. The ceiling was sloped above my crib, and when dad bent down to pick me up he hit his head. He got all mad and flustered. I started laughing. Then so did dad. Then mum. And suddenly everyone was happy again.
When I used to live in my old house, we had a woman as a neighbor. She had two small children around my age - a boy and a girl. They had this metal horse suspending by four springs that you could rock on. I used to love that thing. I'd go over all the time and play on it for hours. I don't remember the kids' names, or their mother's name, but I remember that horse. We left when I was three.
Last one I am going to share right now was when I was just learning how to eat. My grandmama's house had three kitchens - the main one by the side entrance where we made family dinner every Sunday; the one in the downstairs apartment; and the upstairs kitchen where Grandmama made meals for herself. We were sitting in the upstairs kitchen, by the white and black specked Formica table with the black leather chairs with chrome peg feet. I was in my high chair, eating lunch, while Grandmama puttered around the kitchen singing songs to me.
I love her voice. She has late-stage dimentia now. She doesn't always remember my mother, or my aunt, of what state she lives in. She doesn't have any memory of her late husband, or her first child who died very young. But she always remember me. And even when she's nonverbal, she can sing. She loves singing old hyms, or the nursery rhymes she used to sing to me when I was little. I miss her dearly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(1) (0)
╰☆╮
Market |||Selling Forum |||Help me plan my trip to Japan!
x 21x Groundselx
╰☆╮

Posted: Mar 22nd, '17, 22:55    

Lilyse

Hugs: 22895
my earliest are all of light. :qstar: a flash of light in our kitchen in san francisco; the pale grey light of morning over blue-flowered wallpaper; the twinkling of christmas lights on an outdoor tree as we drove to visit my grandparents in san marino.

(and moi, some people definitely can remember that young, so i'm sure you're right! :qh: we moved back to seattle after i was two and a half, so i'd've been about that age, too.)

ps to fire - thank you for sharing those memories; they're lovely. :sflw:

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 26th, '17, 06:54    

Poshi

Hugs: 92507
Mood: :3
Hmm, I remember being a toddler rummaging through my parents medicine cabinet naked except for my diaper whilst my mother was cooking in the outhouse stove area. They used to always put a lock on things cause I'm the master of breaking and entering every cupboard.

That would be the earliest one. Since I remember being in diapers, maybe I was 1? 8 months? I really don't know at what age I would be able to walk by myself and still wear diapers. That was in our second home though, I don't remember anything from our first home.

(0) (0)
ImageImage
Looking to purchase the Solar System Sceptres *u*

Posted: Mar 27th, '17, 07:27    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 111992
Mood: spiritual
I was wearing a yellow dress. The bathroom door was ajar and I peeped from behind it at my great-grandmother, who squatted, gathering up her sari. She always wore a white sari with the pallu over her shaved head because she was a widow. So anyway, she peed and sloshed it away with water from the bucket. The she turned and saw me, and said she'd thought I was a cat.

I don't remember how old I was, but I was small enough to be roughly the size of a cat and be mistaken for one, and this was at least a couple of years before my brother was born (he was born when I was four going on five.)

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Apr 13th, '17, 20:46    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 81303
I have a horrible memory now, but I had a pretty good memory as a kid. I remember going to the hospital to see someone before she died. I don't even remember who. A great grandmother? Great aunt? Something like that. I was about one and a half when she died. I think that's my earliest memory. It probably stuck out and lasted so long because I probably thought the whole thing was very strange at that age.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 13th, '17, 20:51    

Miky90

Hugs: 193171
Mood: Reading some manga ... Find me in the spaming section XD
My oldest memory was from when I was 3 years old. It's really dumb. I was playing with some lego type of toys and it was cold and I was a bored and I thought "what if I never forget this moment?". And I never did XD
I tried thinking like on different ocasions, but I forgot them, so it's really strange that I remember that.

(0) (0)

[ 14 posts ]