[ 105 posts ] 
 Post subject: KOfK Official Contest [Winners announced]
Posted: Feb 4th, '09, 13:07    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 223825
Mood: [¬º-°]¬

"Kingdom Of Knuffel is..." ?

Hello dear users of the Kingdom Of Knuffel!

Currently I am working on a completely new site layout. For this purpose I need a description I can put on the new starting page.

Since I am not good with words I thought "Why not let our users come up with something?" as I know there are many people good with words here.

What we need is a description of maybe 3-6 sentences about our community.
It should include that we are an online community with avatars. Everything else is optional.
Don't make it too complicated. Here are some of the things we have, that you might include, though mixing up all of them in one description might not be a good idea:
- Dressable avatars
- Forum
- Trading
- Monthly Treasures
- Storyline
- Feedable pets
- Contests
- Games (well, not yet, but we are working on it)

You may enter as many descriptions as you like.

Of course we have some prizes! The winner gets:

My Yukata!

And since we reserve the right to edit people's description or mix two together we also have a second prize, which is my Sensu:

The contest starts now and runs till end of February 10th.

Good luck! :qh:

Firn wrote:Okay, so, it was hard but I've decided on some winners.

Just to give people an idea on what I was searching for and how I judged the entries - some were great, but contained too many insiders that would only confuse people who have never been there, like the Jellyfish domination. Some people would just think "WTF?" if they saw this in a community description.
Others were praising this site too much. A description that tells how great the staff here is? Thank you very much for the compliment. I feel honored, but I can hardly put such self-praise on the starting page. Some other descriptions were a bit exaggerating. We do our best, but we don't want to promise new possibly new members more than we have now.
Many people also added stuff like "Be yourself" to their description. It always makes me think a bit of Gaia, that advertised their site with this "mini-me, turn yourself into a pixel avatar" theme and I do not really like it, it just gives me a bad feeling.
I know that this site was originally centered about the feedable pets, but when you write something like "...a place where you can feed your Knuffel" no one outside of KOfK will know what you are talking about.

I think holding contests isn't really a good idea for me, I always feel so bad when people put work into it and I cannot let everyone win. Dhu!
But I've come up with something. Everyone who participated in the contest will get a Pet Jellyfish as a thank you. I know that some of you already have the Jellyfish, but there is nothing wrong with having one extra, isn't it?

So, the Yukata goes to:
RaiRai

A Queen among Kings - Kingdom of Knuffel is a friendly, inviting avatar website which is only limited by your own imagination. Join us in a rich environment with captivating stories, adorable dressable avatars, cute feedable pets and many more exciting features. Envelope yourself in a world of fantasy and become part of our beloved Kingdom.

I'll have to take out the "adorable" stuff because it feels like praising myself, but other than that it'S about what I was looking for. No too fancy stuff, just a simple description of what we are in nice words.

The Sensu goes to

Sirtaki

Kingdom of Knuffel is an online dreamworld. Collect mythical creatures to take care off and dress up your avatar with equally magical items. Enter the fairy tale and meet people who like to escape from the real world as much as you do.

I am not sure what I think about the "escape from the real world" part, because it makes it sound as if KOfK was a place for online-addicted freaks who can't deal real life. Looking at myself I sometimes think it might be true, but we don't have to say it loud.

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: KOfK Official Contest
Posted: Feb 4th, '09, 13:12    

Lord Gaara

Hugs: 3113
Koll ^____^
Im not exactly great with words.
I cant wait to see what the people write about kofk <3

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 4th, '09, 13:17    

Mikael Hart

Hugs: 198387
Mood: Hugs are death squeezes.
Website: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/mikael-hart/6844374/
Wow, Firn; those two items are complete "must-haves" for me. I'll be working really hard on this!

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 4th, '09, 13:18    

Her Ugliness

Hugs: 32817
Mood: ⊙﹏⊙
Mikael Hart wrote:Wow, Firn; those two items are complete "must-haves" for me. I'll be working really hard on this!

Which reminds me - I never did a male version of the Yukata. Dhu!

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 4th, '09, 13:20    

chibi_jinyo

Hugs: 7246
So will we submit it here?!

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 4th, '09, 13:21    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 223825
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
chibi_jinyo wrote:So will we submit it here?!

Yes. *nods*

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 4th, '09, 13:23    

chibi_jinyo

:D hihi ^^

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 4th, '09, 13:25    

flyinthesky109

Hugs: 9660
Mood: Losing the game!
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
*dramtically jumps on stage with a british accent*

Kingdom of Knuffel is a place for sharing a caring, a place for fun times and good memories. It's a place to talk about things and play a few games. "

haha. phailure.

(0) (0)
11/225 Reindeer~ (These are hard to catch! >.<)
100 - Hair 75 - Wings 15 - Staff 25 - Background
First Fairy found on November 5th at 11:54 pm!
Look at my Requests or my Quests?

Care to Donate?
Imagex2
ImageImage

Image ImageImage

Posted: Feb 4th, '09, 13:27    

Kimbo

Hugs: 28995
Kingdom of Knuffel is a great place where you can chat with much nice people! If you register and start you just can't stop :D

lol xD

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 4th, '09, 13:42    

chibi_jinyo

|?|?|?|Come in and let us introduce you to our avatar community |?|?|?|

Kingdom Of Knuffel is a great place to hangout, for people to communicate, explore and share the magic. A place to feel welcome, warm and meet nice people. Don't be shy, start posting make thread say al you wanted to say. We hope that you will like The Kingdom Of Knuffel, with your help we can expand the avatar comunity. Tell your friends!!

Come join us for some great discussions!

Ideas are not in order... :| .. tryed to edit it.. but i am not good at english

(0) (0)

[ 105 posts ]