Or uncaring  16%  [ 6 ]
Definitely not shy!  29%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 38
 Post subject: I'm not "shy"...
Posted: May 24th, '17, 02:32    

Tinker Bell

Hugs: 6820
Mood: Content
So, in high school, I was part of this thing called the "Business Academy" where we basically learned about finances and stuff. I went back for a presentation thing tonight and had to face the one teacher I hated (and I have never hated a teacher or professor before. Not outside of their class anyway).

I told her that my career path changed this year. I was going in for education. I wanted to be an elementary teacher. During my student teaching, I realized that being the main classroom teacher was not for me. So I told her this when she asked what I was doing and that I applied to be a teacher aide at a daycare/preschool place.

She then decided to say "well, you've always been a bit shy." As if that has anything to do with my abilities to teach.

And, for the record, I am not "shy." I am introverted and on the quiet side. I will not participate in conversations that I'm not interested in. And, even if I am, I won't say anything unless someone actively brings me in. This is what she saw.

However, it doesn't get in the way professionally. I talked with my mentor teachers during student teaching. I could stand in front of my classes and teach them what I needed to. I could interact with them outside of the lesson and get to know them. My change in plans has nothing to do with me being shy, it was that I did not think I could teach effectively enough to justify being the main classroom teacher with countless futures relying on me.

Has anyone ever described you inaccurately? Does it make you as annoyed/mad as it makes me?

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Post subject: Re: I'm not "shy"...
Posted: May 24th, '17, 02:41    

Kitalpha Hart

Hugs: 8135
Mood: I'm poor (´Д` )
Them: oh what a sweet child, never utters a curse and doesn't like others doing it around her
Me: wait what the fuck was that bullshit you​ just spout?

But introverts aren't always shy, or quiet. Extroverts don't get that :| social introverts exist

But while the whole "sweet and innocent" thing was amusing the first few times, it's gotten rather irksome now
No
I am an adult
If you're being a piece of shit, I will tell you, especially if I'm not on the clock
I'm no coddled princess that knows nothing of the real world

(0) (0)
Imageurls broke Imagebig sadsImage

Posted: May 24th, '17, 07:22    

mementomori

Hugs: 46378
Mood: sippin' mah moe~♥
Instead of being called shy because I'm not social, I usually get called cold, elitist, or intimidating.

I don't know how I manage to be intimidating, since internally I'm terrified of being out of the house 3/4 of the time and just want to go back to bed.

(0) (0)
♥♥♥♥♥
Buying art! 10 FCs and 200k fps available!
♥♥♥♥♥

Posted: May 25th, '17, 04:23    

ashabellanar

Hugs: 44983
Mood: Boondocks
mementomori wrote: I don't know how I manage to be intimidating, since internally I'm terrified of being out of the house 3/4 of the time and just want to go back to bed.
I feel this.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 25th, '17, 13:52    

CycloneKira

Hugs: 42788
Mood: I'm trying.
People have misjudged me on more than one occasion lol. Usually I just laugh and wave it off but if I find it important to let people know they're wrong about me, I correct them. That's about it, really.

Usually when people believe I'm the sweetest thing around, I just smile and nod like a good little girl, but tbh I'm cackling on the inside XD

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)
Leonard Snart wrote:There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
1st fairy - June 3rd, 12:06 AM IST

Posted: May 25th, '17, 21:00    

Tinker Bell

Hugs: 6820
Mood: Content
I've never felt the need to correct people unless I want to spend a lot of time with them XD Her, never.

Let's just hope the woman interviewing me for a job tomorrow doesn't think I'm "too shy" to work in a daycare XD

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Posted: May 25th, '17, 21:59    

Moi

Hugs: 339660
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I've been told "You're just shy! You'll grow out of it!" my whole life.
Almost 30, still not grown out of it Bu

I've been called a snobby bitch, an asshole, retarded, etc because of my lack of social skills xD

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Jun 15th, '17, 15:08    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 81333
I'm fairly shy, so people have assumed I was mean or stuck up. I don't really see the logic there!

(0) (0)

[ 8 posts ]