Character: -dies immediately-  50%  [ 13 ]
Me: FUCK.  50%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject: Dreams That Can Come True
Posted: Jun 14th, '17, 23:57    

Moi

Hugs: 339614
Mood: Know you're not alone.

No one really knows why we dream and people say dreams come from a part of our brains that holds memories.
It's been said that we don't make people up in our dreams.
The random people we dream of, are people we've seen in our lifetime.
Well, if dreams are based around memory, why do people dream of things to come?
And not silly things, but events that can be devastating or very unlikely?

I was told my parents would take me to the mall on Saturday.
I fell asleep on Friday and had a dream we went to the mall.
I dreamed that we walked int through the doors, I saw claw machines and a little boy in a red shirt, blue jeans, and short blonde hair, running in front of the machines.
Seems fine, going to the mall and having a dream about going to the mall.
However, when I DID go to the mall, I saw the exact same thing that I did in my dream.
If there was no little boy, it wouldn't have bothered me.
But the boy was 100% the same as he was in my dream.
Which is weird to me.

I've had other people tell me about how their dreams came true.
And they're not simple.

What brings this up, is a dream I had this morning...

I dreamed that I went to McDonalds with my little sister.
She was at least 16 in the dream and she was driving.
I was in a wheelchair, but I don't know why.
I also had this device where I could digitally order our food instead of talking to the cashier.
This woman next to us said "Why can't she just go up there instead of doing THAT?"
I heard her and I said I don't like talking to people and to screw off, nicely.
Well, we were all under attack and my sister get me into the vehicle and she started driving away.
I screamed "Slow down!!" because she was going too fast.
But it was my aunt driving and my mom and sister were in the backseat.
As we drove past our literal post office, I saw a man get shot in the chest with a shotgun and die.
We found safety in this hotel/shelter place.

This dream shook me up because it could literally happen.
When I got online, I saw two articles about places being shot up.
I think one WAS a postal place.
I have scary dreams a lot - monsters and gore.
But these kinds of dreams are what scare me.

I also have dreams that are so real, that I can't tell if they happened or not.

Have you ever had dreams like this?
Did they scare you or make you happy?

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Post subject: Re: Dreams That Can Come True
Posted: Jun 15th, '17, 08:06    

Kitalpha Hart

Hugs: 8104
Mood: I'm poor (´Д` )
I don't have prophetic dreams
Everyone with a clear face is someone I've seen. Not necessarily in person, i know of one who I've never met and yet he pops up in my dreams fairly regularly

(0) (0)
Imageurls broke Imagebig sadsImage

Posted: Jun 15th, '17, 09:45    

CycloneKira

Hugs: 42769
Mood: I'm trying.
My dreams are absolutely nonsensical and never make sense when I wake up, even though it makes a whole lot of sense to me when I'm still dreaming. They've never come true tho.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)
Leonard Snart wrote:There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
1st fairy - June 3rd, 12:06 AM IST

Posted: Jun 15th, '17, 14:01    

kitestrings

Hugs: 8815
i've only ever had one prophetic dream in my entire life, and it is a doozy. buckle up because i have a story for you.

a few years ago, when i was 21ish (can't remember exactly how old) i had a dream that my mom drove away and none of my family was home. usually my dad is home all day or one of my brothers. on this day, absolutely everybody had left. feeling worried, i walked down the driveway to the mailbox because according to dream logic, if i stood next to the mailbox i'd be able to talk to my mom. well, my uncle, who lived right next to us, grabbed me and stopped me. he said something to me that i don't remember and i got scared. i tried to pull away, yelling about needing to talk to my mom. then he suddenly swung at me with something in his hand, hitting me in the head.

i woke up from the shock of what had happened, and when i was conscious i knew i'd died in the dream. i didn't say anything to anybody about the dream, but a horrible, heavy dread had settled into my subconscious.

then, exactly two days later, my uncle was found dead under the wheel of his pickup truck. apparently, he'd been doing drugs and tried to work on his truck without putting a tire stopper under the wheels.

i need to clarify here that i didn't have a relationship with my uncle except one of lifelong fear. i didn't love him. his presence throughout my life only inspired a kind of dread in me. for a reason i couldn't explain, i always felt like he wanted to hurt me but didn't because he wouldn't get away with it. since he had started doing hard drugs, his inhibitions had eroded dangerously and he'd done a lot of messed up things i won't talk about.

i told my mom the day my uncle died about the dream, and she looked square at me and said something had to have intervened and killed my uncle before he could get to me and finally hurt me. she believes in angels and that sort of thing, and thought it was something like that. i don't personally believe in that sort of thing, but i DO think that there is some possibility that people can pick up on each other's intentions, and it can lead to some very strange coincidences that look a lot like psychic visions or something like that.

i had never in my life dreamed of my uncle except that one time, and that was what convinced me that some force in the universe was like "hey, something BAD is going to happen." whether it was meant to warn me of my own danger or the impending doom of my uncle, i have no idea. maybe it was pure, idiot coincidence of the unlikeliest degree. but it definitely scared the ever-loving spit out of me, and it's always a weird story to tell.

(0) (0)
call me wren ☆ he/him pronouns
art blog | rate my art!
knuffels

[ 4 posts ]