Yes.  32%  [ 13 ]
No.  68%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 41
 Post subject: Back to School Tips?
Posted: Jul 31st, '17, 02:52    

Boris_Boris

Hugs: 5375
Mood: Tired
While I graduated from high school, which is a surprise to me, youtube recommended a video about back to school. It talks about things teenagers should know about going back to school, like note taking and locker decorating.

The note taking sounds really cool, and I gotta try it. Here's what you'll need to take notes.
  1. Red ink pen
  2. Blue ink pen
  3. 3d glasses
First, write your notes in red ink until you run out of space. Once you've done that, start writing on the red ink with blue ink. Putting on the 3d glasses appears to make the ink that matches with the lenses disappear (i.e. red ink vanishes through the red lense.).

Another tip I learned was to set your alarm and put the alarm across the room so you'd have to get up to turn it off, which is a great idea if you're a night owl.

I don't have any back to school tips of my own, do you have any back to school tips?

Also, we didn't have hallways that had lockers, and the only place we had lockers was in the locker rooms at school.

(0) (0)
Gorgon Goddess Solar Gorgonphox

Post subject: Re: Back to School Tips?
Posted: Aug 2nd, '17, 22:48    

Moi

Hugs: 330759
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I don't think we could decorate our lockers xD;

It's been so long since I did schooling, I don't remember what I planned for each year.

Those are pretty interesting 8u

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Aug 3rd, '17, 02:13    

Kitalpha Hart

Hugs: 6223
Mood: I'm poor (´Д` )
We could, starting middle school. Elementary school was cubbies, shared lockers, or too small to be worth it
It wasn't too surprising to see girls get together and decorate a friend's locker for their birthday either
I did a bit my sixth grade year, but seventh on I never bothered
Hell, by my junior year I wasn't even using the things. I had a binder/messenger bag combo for paper and folders, any textbooks I needed for the day went with me, while the others stayed home, and everything else one would use a locker for I didn't do
Oh, buy a rose to have attached to someone's locker for vday? No one really liked me so I never got one. Found it corny anyway

Except for gym lockers. Those were kinda necessary, tho

Course, I was the quiet slacker type too, so that makes a difference

(0) (0)
Imageurls broke Imagebig sadsImage

Posted: Aug 4th, '17, 05:05    

Boris_Boris

Moi wrote:

I don't think we could decorate our lockers xD;

It's been so long since I did schooling, I don't remember what I planned for each year.

Those are pretty interesting 8u
Same here. I had lockers in the locker room, but those were only for p.e. I never planned things in school, either.
Kitalpha Hart wrote:We could, starting middle school. Elementary school was cubbies, shared lockers, or too small to be worth it
It wasn't too surprising to see girls get together and decorate a friend's locker for their birthday either
I did a bit my sixth grade year, but seventh on I never bothered
Hell, by my junior year I wasn't even using the things. I had a binder/messenger bag combo for paper and folders, any textbooks I needed for the day went with me, while the others stayed home, and everything else one would use a locker for I didn't do
Oh, buy a rose to have attached to someone's locker for vday? No one really liked me so I never got one. Found it corny anyway

Except for gym lockers. Those were kinda necessary, tho

Course, I was the quiet slacker type too, so that makes a difference
I never had to carry books to and from school after taking a book home because the classrooms always had the books we needed in class.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 4th, '17, 07:54    

Kitalpha Hart

Hugs: 6223
Mood: I'm poor (´Д` )
Some did stay on site, particularly those where the books were needed for so many different classes and grades, having enough would've taken up a room, but stuff like math and history and science went home
Science in particular had paper ones that you wrote on. They intended that use, so every year the school got new ones, with that school year's years printed on it

(0) (0)
Imageurls broke Imagebig sadsImage

Posted: Aug 11th, '17, 20:32    

Arachne

Hugs: 49433
Whoa, it all sounds so nice.

I had lockers only in... Elementary school. For the last 3 years of it. For the middle school and high school there weren't any lockers at all, even for PE classes. During PE everyone had to put their belongings together in a common changing room which was locked during the classes. Different for boys and girls, of course. And it's usually that way where I live - no lockers, even for PE.

Also, we always had to carry all the books with ourselves, back and forth. At the end of elementary school it was possible to leave something at school, but in reality it usually wasn't a good idea, because we always had a lot of homework and we usually needed our books to do it...

I think it is starting to change, since my sister left her books at school... But it was only for few first years of elementary school, now she has everything with her. But because of this it's now common for kids to have a backpack that's very similar to the suitcase - it has wheels and you can drag it along istead of heaving on your back all the time, as it was the case for me.

But, back to the topic, I think the trick with 3d glass sounds nice, but I'm not sure there will be enough time for it during the classes. I'm sure it wouldn't be possible in my high school, for example. Because of the lack of time - there were too many things to note down.

But I'd say it's good to buy everything you need for the schoolyear before it actually starts. There are some things you may not know you'll need it, but it's pretty obvious you'll need something to write, some paper to write... I'd also say it's better to have a notebook. And one notebook for each school subject, for both school and college - unless you're going to organize your notes after each class all year long. Otherwise it'd be hard to find anything there later on...

(0) (0)
I want to practise my English. If you see any mistakes, please send me a pm.

Why do some people use such a small font size? It hurts my eyes... :mcdead:

Posted: Aug 12th, '17, 06:18    

Lycanthus

Hugs: 15027
Mood: tired/busy
oops i accidentally hugged you. HEY you probably deserve it!

hmm... i found that using things like habitica or wunderlist make it easier for me to build healthy schedules and keep track of my assignments. i also use wunderlist for non-class things, so i find it very nice. also, i use evernote for taking notes since i can sync it across all my devices.

(0) (0)

x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
toyhouse | free doodles | art dump | deviantart
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted: Aug 14th, '17, 02:01    

Boris_Boris

Kitalpha Hart wrote:Some did stay on site, particularly those where the books were needed for so many different classes and grades, having enough would've taken up a room, but stuff like math and history and science went home
Science in particular had paper ones that you wrote on. They intended that use, so every year the school got new ones, with that school year's years printed on it
I like the writeable notebooks that were intended to be written in... I think I was supposed to do that with one of the books I had from high school, but I never used it. :mcdead:
Arachne wrote:Whoa, it all sounds so nice.

I had lockers only in... Elementary school. For the last 3 years of it. For the middle school and high school there weren't any lockers at all, even for PE classes. During PE everyone had to put their belongings together in a common changing room which was locked during the classes. Different for boys and girls, of course. And it's usually that way where I live - no lockers, even for PE.

Also, we always had to carry all the books with ourselves, back and forth. At the end of elementary school it was possible to leave something at school, but in reality it usually wasn't a good idea, because we always had a lot of homework and we usually needed our books to do it...

I think it is starting to change, since my sister left her books at school... But it was only for few first years of elementary school, now she has everything with her. But because of this it's now common for kids to have a backpack that's very similar to the suitcase - it has wheels and you can drag it along istead of heaving on your back all the time, as it was the case for me.

But, back to the topic, I think the trick with 3d glass sounds nice, but I'm not sure there will be enough time for it during the classes. I'm sure it wouldn't be possible in my high school, for example. Because of the lack of time - there were too many things to note down.

But I'd say it's good to buy everything you need for the schoolyear before it actually starts. There are some things you may not know you'll need it, but it's pretty obvious you'll need something to write, some paper to write... I'd also say it's better to have a notebook. And one notebook for each school subject, for both school and college - unless you're going to organize your notes after each class all year long. Otherwise it'd be hard to find anything there later on...
Really? No lockers for pe? How come you didn't have lockers in pe? We only took clothes home on friday so they could get washed over the weekend because why wash something that'll get dirty unless you have more than one pair of that. generally, you're only allowed to buy one pair of pe shirt and shorts where I am unless you lose a pair.

As for the 3ds glasses, I'm sure there'd be enough time. It's not like you're going to put the 3d glasses on during class. Just have both pens out and ready for use. I find it's equivalent to turning the page. It should save up enough room.

I agree that you should buy everything before the school year starts as well. I tend to use notebooks for other things instead of school, but yeah, some classes give info on what you'll need... at least, all my classes did when I was in school. We we required to have notebooks for each class.
Lycanthus wrote:oops i accidentally hugged you. HEY you probably deserve it!

hmm... i found that using things like habitica or wunderlist make it easier for me to build healthy schedules and keep track of my assignments. i also use wunderlist for non-class things, so i find it very nice. also, i use evernote for taking notes since i can sync it across all my devices.
Habitica and wunderlist sound interesting... how do they work? May I have a link to their sites?

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 14th, '17, 13:46    

Arachne

Hugs: 49433
Boris_Boris wrote:Really? No lockers for pe? How come you didn't have lockers in pe? We only took clothes home on friday so they could get washed over the weekend because why wash something that'll get dirty unless you have more than one pair of that. generally, you're only allowed to buy one pair of pe shirt and shorts where I am unless you lose a pair.
Really, no lockers for PE. Every day there was a PE, we were supposed to bring to school our PE clothes with us and then take them back, along with all the notebooks, textbooks, exercise books, pencils... Nothing was left at school.

But we had a lot of freedom in our PE clothes. There were some rules it had to abide, but we could have different PE clothes every time, if we wanted to.
It's different if someone is in a sports team. My sister is in the basketball team at school. There were days when she had both PE and a basketball training, so she had to take both PE and basketball clothes with her on these days. Back and forth... Still no lockers.

(0) (0)
I want to practise my English. If you see any mistakes, please send me a pm.

Why do some people use such a small font size? It hurts my eyes... :mcdead:

Posted: Aug 14th, '17, 16:57    

Boris_Boris

Arachne wrote:
Boris_Boris wrote:Really? No lockers for pe? How come you didn't have lockers in pe? We only took clothes home on friday so they could get washed over the weekend because why wash something that'll get dirty unless you have more than one pair of that. generally, you're only allowed to buy one pair of pe shirt and shorts where I am unless you lose a pair.
Really, no lockers for PE. Every day there was a PE, we were supposed to bring to school our PE clothes with us and then take them back, along with all the notebooks, textbooks, exercise books, pencils... Nothing was left at school.

But we had a lot of freedom in our PE clothes. There were some rules it had to abide, but we could have different PE clothes every time, if we wanted to.
It's different if someone is in a sports team. My sister is in the basketball team at school. There were days when she had both PE and a basketball training, so she had to take both PE and basketball clothes with her on these days. Back and forth... Still no lockers.
Why don't they have lockers for the sports team? If I were a sports player and wanted to join a sports team, I wouldn't join if there weren't any lockers.

(0) (0)

[ 12 posts ]