Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 6 posts ] 
I was on my way to math class one day and it was way across the street.
My math teacher saw me and told me to get in his car and he drove me over to the math class.  35%  [ 8 ]
He didn't want me carrying my heavyass backpack so he gave me a ride 8,u  65%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 23
 Post subject: When You're Down
Posted: Jul 13th, '19, 01:37    

Moi

Hugs: 337840
Mood: Know you're not alone.

Not like mentally, but physically.

I have a pretty bad back. I think a lot of it comes from the fact that I crammed all my school books and notebooks and stuff in my backpack and carried it everywhere for years.
I once had one of those luggage things with the wheels and used that for a little while, but the wheels went from round to square and wouldn't roll anymore xD
I also had a couple teachers pull me aside and tell me that I needed to stop carrying my heavy backpack, but I kept doing it because I was so afraid of forgetting something and getting in trouble.
The thought of going to class and not having my stuff and having to tell the teacher and the teacher yelling at me and me having to walk in front of everyone out of the classroom to get what I forgot horrified me. HORRIFIED.
That's also why I used mechanical pencils too. The thought of having to go sharpen my pencil and possibly getting yelled at and everyone looking at me horrified me too.
(And don't let anyone tell you you can't use mechanical pencils on certain tests because they "won't show up". I used only mechanical pencils most of my years in school and never once had a problem xD)

ANYWAYS I messed up my back. It's a mixture of carrying the backpack, carrying stuff wrong, lack of exercise and my giant boobs.
I possibly have Sciatica. I mentioned it to my doctor and he did a quick examination and told me that I most likely have it, but I never got it fully checked. I also have no medical papers saying my back is messed up, but I can assure you it is.

ANYWAYS the point being that my back sometimes goes out.
I feel a horrendous pain and I can barely walking and the pain is so intense, I just cuss constantly when I walk.
It also takes several minutes for me to get up in the middle of the night just to go to the bathroom.
Sleeping makes it worse too because I don't move around much and my body gets stiff.

The first time it happened, I was wheeling the garbage out.
It went out and I could barely make it back inside.
It usually is out for 4-5 days, so that's 4-5 days of barely being able to walk and having to sit and lie down most of the time.
And that drives me nuts.
I'm not an overly active person, but I do help take care of my sister and a dog and a cat.
I can't even bend over to pick up my cat or even pet my dog when it happens.
The second time it went out, I bent over to pick up a photo that fell over.
Just a simple motion like that can cause it to go out.
I'm writing this because it's been feeling like it's going to go out again and it's irritating.
I don't like having people do everything for me because I can't do it.
If I want to go outside, I can't.
If I want to wash dishes, I can't.
If I want to give my pets love, I can't.
>Bu

Have you ever injured yourself and you basically just had to stay in bed or it really limited your activity in some way?

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Post subject: Re: When You're Down
Posted: Jul 17th, '19, 02:27    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 81132
My back and knees bother me, although they have both been much better since I have been sleeping on the floor. I broke my finger once, and that was a pain in the butt. And now my leg has been sore all day, and I have no idea why, and it really decreased how much cleaning I did today. But no major injuries.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 17th, '19, 02:29    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 81132
Oh, and I was the same way with carrying stuff in school. They gave us lockers, but then they didn't give us enough time in between classes to actually go to the lockers, so you had to carry every textbook you owned.... Well, I think some people were probably lucky and had lockers right outside one of their classes, but I never had time to go to my locker, so I never used it at all.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 17th, '19, 08:47    

Akili Li

Hugs: 237626
Mood: contemplative
That sounds really impractical... I wonder if current students mostly have digital textbooks and don't have to worry about the weight?

I've mostly been fortunate, injury-wise, but sometimes health-things have laid me up. I think you already got the story about the reaction to anaesthetic? That just wiped me out, but it wasn't from something like pain, it was from the painkiller drug's too-strong-for-me effect. Or the surgeries from when I was younger; same thing. Laid me out, but more from the chemicals than anything directly physical.
Only thing like that, otherwise, is when I sometimes accidentally get meat products, and the cramps, later, will leave me in bed for most of a day.
Nothing like your back, since I have some control over it (don't eat meat!) and it sounds like your back is far more terrifying, just randomly giving way like that on you. :qf:

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: Jul 18th, '19, 20:56    

Moi

Hugs: 337840
Mood: Know you're not alone.

My knee hurts sometimes too. I remember jumping off a platform and slamming it into a metal pole. Didn't break it or crack it (to my knowledge) but it will hurt when bad weather is coming xD
I feel like they didn't give us enough time to go to the lockers and then class.
Especially since we had to walk all over the place to get to different classes.

Akili Li: Yeah, anesthetic is kind of scary and also having bad reactions to certain medications. I'm sorry you have to go through stuff like that ;;

Yeah, my back problem is just stupid. It is unsettling because I always wonder if I do something, will it go out?
I didn't even bend that far down to pick up the photo ._.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Aug 29th, '19, 10:37    

light_sucks

Hugs: 163534
Mood: vaguely alive
I've got EDS so I am often laid up from some problem or another.

One time I got stuck on the toilet. That was awful and embarrassing. The ambulance had to come and get me. Thankfully they got me some drugs to help with the pain. Though it didn't get rid of the pain completely.

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

[ 6 posts ]