Yes  12%  [ 3 ]
No  28%  [ 7 ]
Food  60%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 25
 Post subject: Scratch a Porsche
Posted: Aug 20th, '19, 22:46    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 81171
From The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock.

Question #49: While parking late at night, you slightly scrape the side of a Porsche. You are certain no one else is aware of what happened. The damage is minor and would not be covered by insurance. Would you leave a note?

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Scratch a Porsche
Posted: Aug 21st, '19, 02:14    

Moi

Hugs: 338416
Mood: Know you're not alone.

What kind of insurance wouldn't cover a tiny scratch 8u

I'd probably leave a note, but if I can't afford to fix it, I have no money most of the time, I question leaving a note xD;

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Aug 21st, '19, 03:31    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 81171
I'd like to be the kind of person who would leave a note. But if I was positive that no one saw me, then I have to admit I probably wouldn't. I don't have any money, so I couldn't offer to pay or anything, so it wouldn't really do anything anyway, and I wouldn't want them to come yell at me or something if I left my contact info. And, it sounds mean, and I know it's not always true, but someone with a Porsche is probably better off than I am to begin with.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 21st, '19, 20:36    

Moi

Hugs: 338416
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I was waiting in the car for someone to come out of this store we were at, and this SUV hit a vehicle hard enough for it to jerk and we saw them and they just backed up and drove off xD
I was like "WOW. >>"

I feel so weird because if I was at a store and someone dinged my car with their door by accident and left a mark, I wouldn't care because I'd know it was an accident. The car still works fine, so it's not a problem.

I was trying to get in the car once and I dinged someone's car with the door.
I started having an anxiety attack because they were there, but they didn't even say anything so I got in xD;

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Aug 22nd, '19, 15:45    

Rubie

Hugs: 147472
I actually paid for someone's repair for dinging their car. It was windy when I was leaving work. It was my last day there, and it was also my noon day, so I left around 1 or so because they had a going away party/someone's been there a long time party. It was also particularly windy that day. My door slammed open when I opened it. For some reason I didn't really asses the damage then and just left to the grocery store. It started weighing on my conscious though. 1. because it was someone I knew and it was making me feel bad. 2. I'm pretty sure someone witnessed it. So I called my coworker and came back since the grocery store was only a 5 minute drive. It wasn't that bad, and she tried to get it out herself first, but ended up getting someone to fix it. I called my insurance first and they told me it would be better if I paid for it myself since it would my raise my rate. So I did, I had her show me the receipt for getting it fixed. It wasn't that expensive (I always assume stuff cost way more than it should) and was not worth raising my insurance rate over. Plus she knew the guy who fixed it so they gave her a nice discount which worked in my favor.

But, that being said, if I had no witnesses I would totally play stupid and leave it at that. If someone saw, I would write a note about it. I am one of those over thinkers so I would probably worry about not leaving a note. I am more careful to hold my car door to me when it's windy out.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Sep 9th, '19, 08:50    

Lycanthus

Hugs: 15328
Mood: tired/busy
...nah
if they can afford a porsche, they don't need my insurance money. LOL. might be wrong, but frankly... it's just a scratch. not my fault you wasted your money on an expensive car.

(0) (0)

x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
toyhouse | free doodles | art dump | deviantart
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted: Sep 10th, '19, 06:01    

light_sucks

Hugs: 163801
Mood: vaguely alive
Nope. I ain't got no money for that.

I did bump into a car parking once and I left a note. But they called me and told me not to worry about it. It was an older car.

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

[ 7 posts ]