Food?
Food  45%  [ 10 ]
Food  55%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 22
 Post subject: Psychological Torture
Posted: Sep 10th, '19, 19:45    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 81191
From The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock.

Question #54: What is the worst psychological torture you can imagine suffering? Anything causing even minor physical injury should not be considered.

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Psychological Torture
Posted: Sep 11th, '19, 22:26    

Moi

Hugs: 338496
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I had a religious breakdown some years ago. I was in constant torment, mentally.
It was so damaging that I wish I would have broken my arm and leg instead.

You have one person saying this and another saying that and there's literally no way to prove who is right and wrong.
So being pulled in different directions and being terrified of doing anything wrong and having no relief from any of it SUCKED 8u

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Sep 12th, '19, 01:04    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 81191
I think the worst thing for me would be to see someone else getting physically tortured. I don't know if that counts since there is a physical element, but it might since nothing would physically be happening to me.

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 19th, '19, 02:39    

Lycanthus

Hugs: 15329
Mood: tired/busy
you'd have to really do something horrible to put me through the wringer at this point LOL. i suffer enough from MIs as is, so psychological pain is my middle name.

(0) (0)

x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
toyhouse | free doodles | art dump | deviantart
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted: Sep 25th, '19, 05:39    

Aradiiaa

Hugs: 9889
Mood: trying
There's quite a lot I can think of, as someone who spends too much time thinking and inside their own head.
I think a major one would be like, being led to believe your life was a certain way and then suddenly discovering that everything you've known was absolutely wrong and awful. Or, basically, gaslighting to an extreme, where the torture just never really ends and it constantly pulls you in and out of the pain and doubt, while also never really being intense enough to make you breakdown, so you also begin to doubt if you're actually being tortured or not. That would really mess up a person, I think, and I have trouble reading explicit accounts of stuff like that happening to real people.

(0) (0)
FORMERLY KNOWN AS SPECTRE.

25 | they/them | UTC +8

Posted: Sep 29th, '19, 21:49    

Shi

Hugs: 16660
Psychosis... when ritalin's effect backfires on me. I was supposed to take another med called strattera but since I was on a major project with a tight deadline, my psychiatrist prescribed fast acting ritalin for me to cope with the workload. Ritalin worked almost instantly and I had no problem sitting in class or doing my assignment but the withdrawal hit HARD. 15 minutes ago I was hanging out with my friends all excited and talking about what we'd do the next day but the minute I left them to board the bus, my brain started going crazy. I had these thoughts about my family, friends, everyone betraying and backstabbing me, it just went on and on. I tried pulling my hair and constantly whispering 'stop' to get my brain to shut down but it just wouldn't let go of these irrational thoughts. I was so helpless at that time it's like alien thoughts kept being injected into my brain and I couldn't even control it, also knowing that no one would be able to help even if they wanted to because it's all in my head. At one point I wanted to just bang my head and pass out but I was so preoccupied I couldn't even do that. :qf:

(0) (0)

Looking for:
Slumber Party Night Gown (Silver), May Striped Shirt (Silver)
ImageImage

[ 6 posts ]